Article IV - DAO Institutions, Other Rules and Guidelines

Hmm, what could be good questions for the knowledge test? I think the core team should develop the specific questions at the start, but us DAO community members should have a hand as well and specify what we want the Proposal Jury and DAO Court to be knowledgeable about - ie. blockchain gaming, tokenomics, etc.

Thanks! Youā€™re right, itā€™s about getting everyone involved in the process. Every contribution, every suggestion and every insight counts!

We understand where you are coming from and we agree we only want the most qualified people
for the ability to be nominated, however could we ask you to expound to the standards you would like to see put towards this knowledge test you are proposing?

1 Like

weā€™ll consider this for when the DAOstitution has been established. Thanks for your recommendation!

1 Like

Naturally people involved in the process whether they are builders
or part of the community will have an assumed level of enthusiasm to
see their investment grow alongside the teams vision. That being said,
we want to make sure everyone is given a similar unbiased chance of
representing the wider community so regardless of enthusiasm or position
what we want as a team is a commitment to move forward with us.

Just something that Iā€™d like to add to the table, given the current train of thought. Iā€™m confident that the everyone is looking forward to the growth of the community, should we also consider that the level of enthusiasm will not always equate to the level of expertise? :sweat_smile: Would love to hear inputs from peeps :grin:

Lol, thatā€™s true. Since there would be 5 jury members and 5 court members, we canā€™t always expect that each member is both highly knowledgeable AND enthusiastic/encouraging. We should vote ensuring that it would be a good mix/group as well - that one memberā€™s strength would help anotherā€™s weakness.

2 Likes

I like that! Equal opportunity for every member/builder! This kind of culture will secure this project its place on a pedestal. :raised_hands:

It would be nice to be part of a well-rounded community, knowing that it is a mix of people who are very much acquainted with when it comes to DAO + enthusiastic members! Might have different perspective at first, but one same goal in the end! And yeah, I also suggest ā€œknowledge testā€ as part of the qualifications. Iā€™m following this thread to know how the core team will administer the ā€œknowledge testā€, should they opt to consider this one!

1 Like

I concur and think there should be some sort of indication ff whether or not a member was chosen. In this way, a method will be followed and we will be able to easily recognize positions and things enabling us to ensure that a system is in placeā€¦

1 Like

I strongly believe, a ā€œHolderā€ position, should be given to individuals having more than 100 sBREED minimum, to prevent governance manipulations

Itā€™s good that we are taking into consideration other members too. Being equally open to other part of our community who wished to take part in the DAO.

I think this is something the core team should indeed consider. At least this could make the community members more involved in the process, and to make sure that the members nominated are knowledgeable enough. Popularity level is a significant factor too.

I think sticking to 5000 sBreed minimum is ok. Itā€™s easy to get.

Can we also consider the amount of time they have the sBreed? I mean if I have friends in the DAO and I want to be part of the governance, Iā€™ll just buy enough BREED to get sBREED and have my friends nominate and vote me.

This way, we will know that whoever we will elect into positions have been with us for a certain amount of time and is aligned with the teamā€™s vision and mission and is knowledgeable enough about the project and is active in the community.

I think thatā€™s where the ā€œknowledge testā€ comes in. I believe the core team will come up with the criteria for the nomineesā€™ qualifications.

And if your argument states that nominees should be with the DAO for a period of time, then I guess you have a point. Commitment level is also important here. :+1:

Oh, this is a good point! To add, maybe we can also consider how long their tokens are staked? Maybe it should be 3-6mos longer than their term. This is to avoid those who would only focus on short-term gains and immediately unstake after their term.

Yeah, ideally not just through announcements either. Maybe a badge of some sort? It would be easier for the community to see whoā€™s who :grin:

Thatā€™s a really good point :grinning: the amount of time that someone has sBreed and the duration of how long they have it staked would be a relatively good starting point to gauge someones commitment and intent :thinking:

1 Like

The knowledge test, in my opinion, is a great idea! It would be wonderful if they give this some thought. In addition to keeping people on track, this is done in order to identify those who also need assistance. Sincerely, it will be advantageous for both. :heart:

1 Like