Article I - Definition of Key Terms
Section 1. Definitions. Consistent and complementary to its definition in the DAOstitution, and unless the context indicates otherwise, the terms enumerated below shall have the following definitions:
- Internal Rules or Guidelines shall refer to this set of specific rules and guidelines that aims to provide
- Proposal Jury shall refer to the body responsible for the screening and vetting of proposals submitted by the community under the governance proposal system of the DAOstitution.
- Initial Proposal shall refer to a proposal that is submitted for pre-qualification by the community on Discourse in order to gauge interest by discussion as a metric.
- Pre-Qualification shall be known as the process that is utilized to evaluate proposals for submission onto the Snapshot platform with the result either being accepted or rejected.
- Majority shall refer to the larger number of voters of a minimum voting threshold in order for a vote to come to pass.
- Super Majority shall refer to the larger share of voters of a minimum voting threshold in a 3:1 ratio in order for a proposal to come to pass.
- Amendment is defined as a minor change to a particular clause within the Guidelines and will not require a formal proposal to induce change.
- Revision is defined as a major change to a particular cause within the Guidelines and will require a formal proposal to induce change
- Repeal is defined as the complete removal of a clause or rule within the Guidelines and will require a formal proposal to induce change, along with the same proposal providing an immediate solution to the removal gap in the event it is necessary.
- Discussion shall refer to the introduction of the topic of a potential proposal inside the community before creation. It may be moderated as necessary in order to provide clarity to community members.
- Venue shall refer to the area of discussion which may include Discord, Discourse, or Telegram.
- Conflicts of Interest shall refer to situations in which DAO Body members have a situation in which they are in a position to derive personal benefit from actions or decisions made in their official capacity due to incompatibility or other standing issues.
Section 2. Interpretation. A reasonable interpretation shall be given to any of the key terms defined above. In case of doubt, an interpretation consistent with the DAOstitution shall prevail.