BDIP-3: Article VI - Modifications to the IRG and Supplemental Internal Rules

Article VI - Modifications to the IRG and Supplemental Internal Rules

Section 1. Amendments. Any amendment to the IRG may be proposed by a court member by sending a formal communication to the other court members of the suggested changes. Thereafter, the DAO Court shall have five (5) days to approve or reject the suggested amendment. If approved, the DAO Court IRG with the amendments already incorporated shall be published in the appropriate section of the DAO Forums and shall be deemed effective from the date of such publication.

Section 2. Revisions. Any revision to the IRG may be proposed by a court member by posting a thread in the appropriate section of the DAO Forums. Once posted, the DAO Court shall have five (5) days to approve or reject the suggested revision. If approved, the DAO Court IRG with the amendments already incorporated shall be published in the appropriate section of the DAO Forums and shall be deemed effective from the date of such publication.

Section 3. Repeal. The DAO Court’s IRG cannot be repealed or overhauled in its entirety except through a formal proposal under the DAO’s Governance Proposal System.

Section 4. Rejection. Any amendment or revision implemented to the DAO Court IRG may be rejected overruled by the DAO membership or community through a formal proposal under the DAO’s Governance Proposal System. In which case, the DAO Court IRG shall revert to a version as if the amendment or revision was never made.

Section 5. Supplemental Rules. The DAO Court, upon a majority vote, may also issue supplemental rules concerning its internal procedures and processes especially those that pertain to matters not specifically covered by this IRG. The supplemental rule shall be published in the appropriate section of the DAO Forums and shall be deemed effective from the date of such publication.

1 Like

Everything about IRG looks clear and obvious as always :+1:
Great job guys, you are at the top :100:

But there is one point about the timings, why ‘five (5) days to approve or reject’ because if we have a submission on Friday, we have the weekend and it is just 2 days left, so probably it should be 7 consecutive days or 5 working days for approval or rejection? What do you think? :thinking:

2 Likes

I agree with this detail. It should be changed to five(5) ‘working’ days for approval or rejection. :+1:

2 Likes

What does a “rejection” mean here?

This is when the DAO membership or community chooses to reject a modification of the DAO Court IRG:

“Any amendment or revision implemented to the DAO Court IRG may be rejected overruled by the DAO membership or community.” :100:

1 Like

What are examples of “supplemental rules” mentioned here?

I believe these are rules that only cover the internal rules of the DAO court. :+1:

1 Like

This shows how powerful each DAO member’s vote is! This community truly the one’s shaping the future of the DAO. :muscle:

This system seems fairly obscure. What exactly would revisions or amendments entail?

It actually details the specifics in the article but mainly on both, we can decide to reject them in case they are harmful to us or in the court. :grinning:

I believe that the jury will give specifics when a certain proposal is rejected. This will give way for the proponent to revise/amend the proposal if they wished to push through.

I agree. This is why DAO is important to any project to prosper. Through modifications, the community can adjust the rules for the benefit of majority.

I second this. Modification and revisions should be applied especially if the current rule is no longer effective.

What an influence each DAO member’s vote has! I truly believe that the DAO has a big role to play in the success of any project.

I believe, it is! Every project’s foundation is the support from its community. :+1:

You got that right. That is why it is appealing to have a lot of sbreed. more sbreed, more voting power.

1 Like

Indeed! The more freedom we have to share our thoughts.

2 Likes

I totally agree with this one!

Freedom with responsibility. Remember, we have community ethics and guidelines. :+1:

1 Like

Well said, let’s make sure that the guidelines from the main DAOstitution is properly followed.