Article VI - Community Ethics and Guidelines

Article VI - Community Ethics and Guidelines

Section 1. Community Ethics and Values. BreederDAO as a community believes in the following principles and values:

1. Determination. We are aware that the total of the team's elements determines its overall strength. Together, we are stronger, and the objectives of the team take precedence above individual objectives. We are aware that not everything will go according to plan. But we will always endeavor to bounce back quickly, reflect on our lessons learned, and work together to achieve our objectives.
  2. Humility. We will cultivate a learner's mindset and viewpoint. We are always receptive to new ideas and input, recognizing that there is always an opportunity to learn and grow from any circumstances.
  3. Inventiveness. We are continually asking, "What is a novel approach to this?" We are inventive in conceiving of new approaches, solutions, and improvising with the resources at hand.
  4. Inclusiveness. We will ensure that everyone has equal access to available opportunities and resources. We seek to preserve our culture and acquire the most talented individuals to work and collaborate with.
  5. Accountability. We have been tasked with the responsibility of producing and managing a large quantity of assets that could unlock potential for guilds, games, and gamers in the fast expanding Metaverse. We accept responsibility for our actions, triumphs, and failures and seek opportunity to grow from them all.

Section 2. General Conduct and Behavior. A member shall at all times be respectful and responsible while being conscious of the need to promote healthy discourse and the free flow of ideas to help achieve the DAO’s goal of a truly independent, free and autonomous community. Towards this end, a member shall be mindful that his/her conduct and behavior, both online and in real life, reflects on the DAO and shall thus seek to embody the DAO’s ethics, principles and values at all times.

Section 3. Prohibited Acts and Behavior. The following acts and behaviors shall be prohibited:

1. Promotion of or engagement in illegal or unlawful activities
  2. Forced doxxing
  3. Abusive language
  4. Racist speech and behavior
  5. Sexist speech and behavior
  6. Flooding and spamming
  7. Non-DAO related discussions or irrelevant discourse
  8. Other similar acts detrimental to the DAO

Commission of any of the prohibited acts and behaviors enumerated in this section shall constitute a violation that shall trigger the disciplinary system which may lead to the member being temporarily or permanently banned or removed from the DAO Court and/or Proposal Jury.

Section 4. Disciplinary System. A violation of any provisions of this article on Community Ethics and Guidelines, or the DAOstitution in general, shall lead to the activation and implementation of the disciplinary system by the DAO Court.

8 Likes

It’s good to see that the culture of the DAO is being established early on. I feel that the culture will define the community and how it will react with scenarios in the long run. I would definitely want to be immersed with a community running towards a common goal.

6 Likes
This was definitely the goal when we created the DAOstitution. Inclusivity & valuable community engagement! We're also open to any other feedback on how we can achieve this even more.
4 Likes

That’s a relief. Good to know that we’re assured that we can voice out our opinions and suggestion. Hoping for the community to be engaging in the future.

2 Likes

Yeah, engagement is the key word here. It wouldn’t be a DAO if the community can’t establish a culture where peeps don’t feel comfortable participating.

3 Likes

It’s encouraging to see that the DAO’s culture is being established and is becoming a standard! Let’s all work together to keep this a healthy environment for everyone!

3 Likes

Should there be any issues that will arise, through which medium can we raise our concerns? I am glad that BreederDao has established this article to promote equal and civilized common ground to its community.

Some projects would actually think that having a well maintained ethics and guidelines are irrelevant to a project’s success. I am happy to see that with DAO, these part is not taken lightly.

Hmmm, that’s right. The team’s very responsive in the different platforms, but maybe a unified process when reporting would be helpful. Like should it just be Discord?

I noticed too! These core values would really play an important role in building a sustainable project with sustainable members.

1 Like

By our decisions, we are guided by ethics to improve the world. Similar to the community of Breederdao, ethics and values are kept in order to keep a healthy community where we can all grow and continue to making progress…

1 Like

This is great! I am happy to see that we are implementing rules to avoid certain mishaps in our community. Kudos to team, I hope everyone will follow this. :blush:

1 Like

Mutual Respect is a must, if we are all looking to harness our positive energy to build a robust and supportive community.

2 Likes

it’s nice that the team takes care of the formation of the DAO at an early stage. It’s nice to be a part of it. I hope there will be more fundamental decisions in the future that holders will be able to influence

2 Likes

I’m with you on this one. Mutual Respect is an important factor in building a healthy community. I believe that when respect is present in the community, the rest will follow.

1 Like

Not gonna lie, I’m still adjusting in communicating in discord since I got interested with crypto :sweat_smile: Definitely agree with having a unified process, it would make it easier to get updates on agreed upon platforms to avoid getting dodgy information :grimacing:

I agree! DAO should be a community wherein people are comfortable sharing their thoughts and suggestions.

Been going around each published article and I have observed well mannered commenters. This is a good standard to set amongst the members of the community. Even though everyone shares opinions, they still look after respecting one another.

1 Like

This guideline is a necessity to have a healthy community. This will minimize toxicity and members can have something in writing to follow.

Having a good set of core values in any way really helps in being successful. Great this was not forgotten by DAO.