BDIP-3: Article I - Definition of Key Terms

You have a point. I guess we should define terms for Breeders who are active in voting and community discussions. :+1:

Exactly, maybe they are not aware as well about the voting. Some just stake and only visit the community if they encounter an error when claiming rewards to ask for help.

1 Like

Awesome! This is quite pertinent. It will now be easier for our DAO members to understand. It is an excellent read and will undoubtedly be helpful to them. :ok_hand:

There is more in DAO than just staking! The best example is participating in this forum and casting votes whenever a new proposal comes up!

Remember, the community is the shaper of the future of this project. That’s how powerful each DAO member’s vote is. :ok_hand:

I agree. I must say that I was lost when I first started discussing this here because I don’t have any experience with any DAO. This definition of terms is beneficial for members like me who are still figuring out how it works.

2 Likes

Indeed! There are just a lot of read here that can aid our learnings

1 Like

It is a great read and unquestionably beneficial to the DAO members.

Maybe we should talk more about this forum to encourage more members to join.

I always read back to this article whenever I’m having a hard time understanding some definitions throughout the proposal.

It sure is! Everyone in our community should make themselves familiar with the terms of our DAO. This would help them understand how our governance work and would make it easier to share their thoughts and opinions.

That’s right! The members should make use of this and get familiar with it, and I have to thank the team for making such an effort to compile these key terms to help the members understand all about our governance.

1 Like

Yeah. Some of the terms here are also applicable in other DAO of different crpyto and nft generally. Equipping yourself with knowledge is essential in ord
er to survive in the crypto space.

1 Like

Yes! I am very much appreciative of the teams effort to come up with this! It’s been helping me and for sure a lot more will benefit to this! Kudos team!

It’s a good thing to have these included as an introductory article for every proposal. If there’s a new member in the community and they happen to come across the recent proposal, they don’t have to browse through the very first proposal wherein these article was first published.

Yeah. a really smart move so that new members will not be overwhelmed when they see the technical terms of the DAO.

I believe this DAO set the pace and is considered a reference to other young DAOs. Let’s just be vigilant with plagiarist acts.

I am guilty to this. I was clueless before about DAO and governance in crypto. I got overwhelmed with the technical terms and shy away from the discussion here in the beginning. Good we have the definition of key terms article. Gave me a better understanding on how it works.

We all start as a newbie. The important thing is that you are willing to learn and give effort to learning. Researching and studying is an important aspect that everyone in our community should practice not only in learning governance but in learning web 3 in general. Remember that web 3 is constantly evolving and new information and projects are being release regularly. I agree though that the definition of terms helps a lot of members here in understanding the DAO. It gave the members a solid foundation about the governance.

It’s the same with me, buddy! Good thing they did this key terms for us to understand better. I appreciate it a lot.

This is true! It also serves as a refresher for those who have gone into the community for a while like me. :sweat_smile: No one will be left behind because they have this. All we need to do is have a backreading. Looking forward to the next proposal they’ll release.