BDIP-3: Article III - Complaints and Petitions

Article III - Complaints and Petitions

Section 1. Complaint. A relevant party who has a dispute against another relevant party may institute a complaint before the DAO Court. The form of the complaint shall include the following:

1. The name of the complainant or complaining party;
  2. The name of the respondent or responding party;
  3. The facts surrounding the dispute including the alleged violation;
  4. The main issue(s) of the dispute to be resolved by the DAO Court;
  5. The evidence or documentation in support of the complaint; and
  6. The relief or remedy sought as against the respondent or responding party.

Section 2. Petition. A relevant party who wishes to seek affirmative action or prohibitive relief in relation to a pending case or as a separate case on its own, may file a petition with the DAO Court. The form of the petition shall include the following:

1. The name of the petitioner;
  2. The name of the respondent or responding party, if applicable;
  3. The background or facts of the petition;
  4. The main issue to be resolved by the DAO Court in determining whether to grant the petition or not;
  5. The evidence or documentation in support of the complaint; and
  6. The relief or remedy sought as against the respondent or responding party.
1 Like

It’s nice to know that we now have a process for petitions. I’m certain that any dispute filed will be handled accordingly. :ok_hand:

This is actually a very helpful article since we’re sure some things doesn’t really go smoothly. By publishing this article, I’m also sure that any disputes will be handled accordingly.

A very helpful article indeed. Well detailed as well.

This is a clear indication that there is a real due process in this DAO community. :+1:

Correct! I second the motion!

Short and clear! All the stuff we need to know about the Complaints and Petitions in a small but plain text :+1:
After the first complaint or petition it would also be great to check an example to make it even more obvious :wink:
Hopefully, the ‘examples’ idea won’t be missed and it will help members of DAO to create more articles with clear and correct structure :100:
What do you think about it? :thinking:
Let me know your thoughts on this one! :fire:

2 Likes

I think that is a very good idea! A library of ‘examples’ that is accessible to holders, I guess, will do.

Why for holders only? This prevents unlawful acts and assurance that only legit members are using such documents for relevant purposes. :ok_hand:

1 Like

I honestly think that showing an example of how a complaint/petition looks like would be beneficial for the DAO members. It’ll help them come up with more precise and better articles moving forward.

1 Like

I think so too. I hope they will make at least a little compilation of this so that members can learn from it and make better ones.

It’ll surely be a great guide for those who’ll plan to send proposals if they can take a look at some actual samples from previous petitions (or the first one in the making, per se)

Fair point. But how about the clause of absolute transparency if only a limited number of members can view such documents? :thinking:

I just wonder, can a complaint be lodged against a jury or court member? Or somehow they have this certain type of immunity? :thinking:

Yes, absolutely. It can be lodged against a jury or court member.

1 Like

What can become a subject of a “Petition”?

It can be any requested relief or remedy from the DAO Court which must be based on the DAOstitution and the Jury and Court IRGs.

Is the complainants username fine, when the article says that complaint form needs to include names?

I think it’s safe to assume that the usernames will be fine.

Complaint v. Petition; what’s the difference?

See Article I - Definition of Terms. :+1: